viernes, 26 de abril de 2013

Testimonios. Margaret Durow.

Hi Mireia,
Thanks so much for your email. I'm happy to hear you like my photos and I'd be happy to answer your questions!

What is the connection between photography and your life?
I try to take photos in my everyday life to remember how I feel. Everything always feels so meaningless yet equally important and I want to remember that. I think photos help me preserve the meaning and keep me from feeling too insignificant… 


Margaret Durow

I don't usually prepare a photoshoot. I usually have a feeling I can't get rid of and need to express it in a photo. I often see light interacting with subjects that so perfectly expresses a feeling, and I need to capture it.

What do you often draw attention to when taking a photo?
I notice a lot in a light dreamy feeling, a heavy feeling, paradoxes, synchronicity…I am interested in topics such us a Conservation, Ecology, History. The way humans interact with the landscape. How can we stop viewing nature as something separate from human societies? How can we reshape our societies so that we are connected to and part of the natural world which human societies depend on for clean air, water, food, fuel, life?
 
What camera employ and what techniques you use?

I use Canon AE-1, Canon T3 + Photoshop.

Thanks again,
Margaret.


http://margaretdurow.com/

No hay comentarios: